[pct-l] Ice axe?

Dan Welch welchenergy at gmail.com
Mon May 20 11:43:31 CDT 2013

Hi Ned,

Can you tell me your thoughts on why the Whippet is "better" than a Corsa
Ice Axe?  The Corsa looks more rugged and more appropriate for self arrest -
and lighter too. I would have planned to use the Corsa as a "hiking pole
support" on slick or icy slopes, so it would already be in hand. I
understand the dangers of "self evisceration," but is it any less of an
issue with the Whippet?

Thanks for the benefit of your experience!
Timberline