[pct-l] Lassen over Memorial Day weekend?

Meridith Rosendahl meridith.rosendahl at gmail.com
Sun May 19 15:16:17 CDT 2013

David is right.  The PCT through Lassen Park is partially closed from
northern park boundary to Lower Twin Lake due to snow.  Recently they
stated the trail was closed due to the Reading Fire of last August and
would not be opened until the area was inspected and any mitigation done,
removing unstable trees probably.  A detour is available as stated on the
Lassen Park website:

"Northbound PCT hikers will need to detour at Lower Twin Lake and follow
the trail past Rainbow Lake to continue on to Butte Lake. From the Butte
Lake Road/Hwy44 hikers can access the Parham's trail at Baker Lake. Follow
the Butte Lake Road (32N21) for approximately 2 miles and turn left on
32N92Y. Proceed for 2.5 miles to 32N56. Turn left and continue for 1.5
miles and turn left on 32N98. Follow 32N98 for just over a mile and turn
left on connector to 33N20A. Turn north on 33N20A for ¼ mile to the
Parham's Trail. This will lead to the Mud LakeTH and the PCT."

Piper's Mom