[pct-l] Rainy day wisdom

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Sat May 18 22:00:21 CDT 2013

I believe he is talking about an INNER Vapor Barrier Liner.

I have used those snow camping, and I can tell you there is nothing I
find less pleasant that sleeping, moist and slimy, inside one.
http://andrewskurka.com/2011/vapor-barrier-liners-theory-application/

In reality, rain is not an issue on the vast majority of the PCT,
except maybe in WA if you finish late.

After settling down for the night in the rain, I generally find that
my clothing under my gortex jacket is at most damp, not soaking wet. I
wear shorts while walking.

I will usually take off the damp clothing, and put it under my bag, on
my pad. it is warm and dry when I put it on in the morning.