[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 65, Issue 22

Halmargolis at aol.com Halmargolis at aol.com
Sat May 18 21:57:16 CDT 2013

Several years ago, at aged 68, while doing the PCT, I  climbed out of
Walupt Lake , ca. 4,000' via trail 98 to the PCT near Sheep Lake  5760' (actually
the most tiring part).  From there, White Pass  is 25 gorgeous miles.  I
spent two nights out.  There was  ample water. I carry four 1 liter bottles,
mostly keeping only one filled  until planning to set up for pleasant
evenings.  I was  intimidated by the Packwood Glacier, detouring by taking the
Snowy Mountain  Trail for several hundred feet, then scrambling down to meet up
with the PCT  well after it traverses the glacier.

Following a triple by pass, and at 68 did the

In a message dated 5/18/2013 10:00:14 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,