[pct-l] iPhone Mapping App

Dan Jacobs youroldpaldan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 11:19:08 CDT 2013

Ok, I got it, you want to switch platforms.

My only knowledge on the matter is I know someone that hiked the PCT last
year with an iPhone, and switched to an Android phone for their CDT hike
this year. I can't remember what motivated them to do so. Maybe done folks
will come round and talk more about it.

Regardless of what you end up doing, you want to make sure the unit will
use GPS without a usable network signal. Otherwise, you have a shiny
flashing game rock to helps the time if you get lost. ;-)

Dan Jacobs
Washougal