[pct-l] iPhone Mapping App

Fred Walters fredwalters2 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 11:30:05 CDT 2013

Many thanks.

I've double checked that GPS will operate without a data connection for
extended periods and manufacturer direct support has send me a details
message saying it will and several steps to take to prove it to myself
(involving removing the SIM, keying in some weird magic sequence into the
"phone" to activate diagnostics, etc.

In practice it is not one of the critical issues as I would never rely on a
GPS/mapping app. (always have paper/compass for navigation).  It just all
becomes a lot less useful if it keeps crashing hence the platform switch.
 Although I'm sure it is probably the particular model because if every
Android phone behaved like mine then the world (or half the world) would be
up-in-arms and screaming at Google.