[pct-l] Dehydrating canned chicken/tuna

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 23:15:09 CDT 2013

I dried all my food for the CDT last year and most of it did just fine,
dried for up to 8 or 9 months in ziplocks or vacuum sealed.  The one
exception was chicken which started to get a bit funky about 6 months in,
but I could still eat it.  By 8 months from when it was dried, it was
beyond funky and rather than eat limburger chicken (PU!!!) I supplemented
with other stuff from the junk food stores.  Cooked, Beef, Pork, and fish
as well as beef jerky which is dried raw beef, did just fine.  The veggies
will probably last till doomsday.

Have fun!

Shroomer