[pct-l] Plantar Fasciitis and KT Tape

Dan Jacobs youroldpaldan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 13:22:39 CST 2013

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Ken Powers <ken at gottawalk.com> wrote:
> Shroomer
>
> I was going to mention our experiences with shoes. But you seem to have
> covered it better than I could. It sounds like you are now pretty close to
> Marcia's "slippers". Her current favorite "slippers" are New Balance Minimus
> that she wears every day whether on the trail or not.

I have been wearing some New Balance MT1010 trail runners for a couple
of weeks now.

I *love* them.

They are super light compared to the lightweight boots I have worn in
the past, and the lack of arch support hasn't bothered me in the
slightest. I have been told I have high arches all my life, and have
always had arch supports of one kind or another. I've had SuperFeet
and others. Now, my feet feel *good*, the shoes breathe like an open
window, and the adjustment to this new kind of shoe doesn't seem to be
taking very long.

If I feel like I need some ankle support, I use ankle support orthotic
braces (ASO search on amazon.com will bring these up).

I am a more happy camper!

Dan Jacobs
Washougal
--