[pct-l] Plantar Fasciitis and KT Tape

Ken Powers ken at gottawalk.com
Fri Mar 8 12:45:11 CST 2013

Shroomer

I was going to mention our experiences with shoes. But you seem to have
covered it better than I could. It sounds like you are now pretty close to
Marcia's "slippers". Her current favorite "slippers" are New Balance Minimus
that she wears every day whether on the trail or not.

Her experience wasn't PF. After hiking the PCT she developed severe foot
pain on the tops of her feet. The podiatrist told her to wear stiff
supports, a la Superfeet. They made her feet hurt even more. I don't think
she lasted a week with Superfeet. She discovered on her own that less
support felt better. The next step was removing the inserts of her shoes.
She started watching the weights of new models of shoes. That meant less
structure to the shoe and therefore more comfort. She also read "Born to
Run". We found models of New Balance shoes offering less and less support.
Recently the "barefoot" running craze has introduced some really light shoes
with little structure & support.

The answer to foot problems seems to be different for different people.

Ken
www.gottawalk.com