[pct-l] Hello

Joe C idahojoec at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 17 16:07:08 CDT 2013

Just thought I would drop a line to say hello.  I just subscribed to this list and I appreciate the sharing of information here.  I am hoping to attempt a thru hike of the PCT in 2015.  On the one hand I am enjoying hearing about the exploits of this years hikers.  I love looking at the photos.  On the other hand I don't want to become too familiar with the trail such that it removes all the excitement and surprises of what's around the bend.

From all of you that have hiked the trail, how much research did you do?  Did you read every available book and read every data book / trail guide?  Or did you just get a rough idea of resupply points and more broad stroke planning?  Lots to learn over the next 20 months.  Thanks for sharing your wisdom.  -Joe