[pct-l] Traveling south from Ebbot's Pass to Tuolumne Meadows

Wanda Brimmer iamwhimpie at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 20:20:31 CST 2013

   I will be accessing the Tahoe Yosemite Trail at Ebbot's Pass starting on the PCT.  My trip is planned for late July.  I plan on dropping over to Kennedy Meadows for a resupply and heading south  on the TYT at that point.  I called today and spoke to a "ranger" at the Carson Ranger District which governs the Carson Iceberg Wilderness.  I was told that Ebbot's Pass is a non-quota entry point and that no permit is required. Having hiked many, many miles within Yosemite, my red flag immediately went up.  Does anyone know if I will indeed be allowed to walk into Yosemite without a reciprocity permit from another agency.  Suggestions,  concerns???  Thanks, Whimpie