[pct-l] Solo Female - Leaving Boyfriend At Home

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Jan 22 19:20:26 CST 2013

Bring a phone. For some, absence makes the heart grow fonder. I wrote
in my journal and in my head all day sometimes in imaginary
conversations with him. I had a picture of the two of us together
that I set up each night in my tent or at least looked at when I got
out my journal. Some people enjoy being Mission Control back home. I
tried not to impose on him too much.

The tables are turned now. On his section hikes I have really enjoyed
being Mission Control for him: mailing his packages, buying him
shoes, picking him up after the helicopters brought him off the
mountain....