[pct-l] Fwd: boots

Dan Jacobs youroldpaldan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 19:21:44 CST 2013

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 4:56 AM, Michael <michaelgallo at videotron.ca> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I know that a lot of people suggest a sort of hiking runner and at least
> 5-6pair for the entire pct.  I like ankle support, not that I have weakened
> ankles or anything like that, but just in case.

I have been pretty tough on my ankles, and they don't like me very
much anymore. I don't wear boots for support. I use these:
http://www.amazon.com/ASO-Ankle-Stabilizing-Orthosis-Black/dp/B000TGYI6C

I can wear these with any shoe or boot and I don't have to worry about
the support of my footwear wearing out before I need it the most. If
you want ankle support, these do the trick.

Something to think about: If you are wearing tall stiff boots, you
might do more damage if you twist or roll your ankle than if you are
wearing low top shoes.

Dan Jacobs
Washougal
--