[pct-l] sleeping bags & liners

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 21:46:57 CST 2013

I've never had to wash my bag during a thru hike, only after but I have to
admit, it might have been good to wash it before.  A certain degree of funk
becomes tolerable when on trail, and I never noticed the smell till I got
home.

I tried a silk liner on the PCT, but hated the constriction.  I don't carry
long johns, instead supplementing with WM down pants when hiking in really
cold temps.  I just ship them home as the summer progresses.  I found that
if I needed long johns, I much preferred the real warmth of down, I just
had to be that much more careful to keep them dry.

Shroomer