[pct-l] Beginning in March

Nikki Eddy nikkieddy at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 13 22:50:33 CST 2013

Hi there,

This is my first post so I hope this works! :)  We are going to begin the PCT starting at Campo in mid-March. We're obviously in the planning/preparation stages and have a couple of questions for you folks who have experience with this trail:

1) For the desert areas, I know that it can get pretty cold at night. I have a 30+ bag...should I buy a liner?
2) Do you have any advice or tips about water in terms of how much you typically carry at one time, and what you recommend for storage?
3) I love cleanliness and efficiency...any tips you have to offer that work well in regards to gear, personal hygene, or other tips you have for the long-distance hiker are encouraged and welcomed!

Happy trails!

NE

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
                                                                                                                                               ---Martin Luther King Jr.