[pct-l] revelationx-20

T.Rem toddremy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 23:21:34 CST 2013

Hey there!  I used a down-quilt on my hike last year.  It wasn't
a revelationx-20 but it actually looks very similar, is made of the same
material/filling, and is about the same weight.  I made it myself which was
actually much easier then you might think.  That may be something you might
consider doing if you are looking to save money.

I cowboy-camped most nights and used a silnylon tarp only on the nights I
had weather and the quilt kept me warm and cozy about 98% of the time
provided I wore my layers to bed along with a warm hat.  There was about 7
days of especially cold weather in the Sierras where I was uncomfortable
but I think if I'd had a real tent I probably would have been fine.  One
thing about using a quilt- at least the way I used it- they can be drafty.
 Being a side-sleeper also I had to do some shifting around to keep the
edges tucked underneath me.  I got used to it and figured it was worth it
for the light-weight and small size.  I actually grew so accustomed to my
quilt I still sleep it.

 You can see a video of my quilt in the "My Gear" section of my blog.  If
you think you might be interested in making your own shoot me an email and
I can give you some tips and some places to order the material.

Todd "Pockets"
pct-footfalls.blogspot.com