[pct-l] Half-sized maps

T.Rem toddremy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 22:58:19 CST 2013

Hey there!  Just in case you've never tried the halfsized maps before I
thought I'd offer some input. I used double-sided half-sized Halfmile maps
(Thanks Halfmile- You Rock!!) on my hike last year and they really worked
out great.  However in the Sierras and some spots in Oregon where I ran
into snow (I left Mexico April 6th) and I was relying on the topo data and
my compass a lot more for navigation I found myself I found myself wishing
the maps were bigger so I could better read the details.   It might be
something to consider for those places you know you'll probably hit snow.
 Good luck and have fun!
Todd "Pockets"