[pct-l] Anish

Carol museumgirl at me.com
Wed Aug 7 18:04:09 CDT 2013

Exactly. Anish is not, in any way, dissing trail magic. She is being principled. There are two separate records: (1) for a supported hike, in which case the hiker can carry less, knowing that consumables are predetermined to be provided at specific locations, and (2) for an unsupported hike, when the hiker may mail provisions to themselves at points on the trail but must carry food etc. between resupply points.

Trail magic may happen in either case, but is (traditionally) unpredictable and not to be expected or relied upon for survival. That's why it's "magic." But that's an entirely different discussion.

Carol (given the name Muse, which I used until I found out someone of somewhat dubious likability also hikes under that name) (rats)

Sent from my iPhone