[pct-l] IT BAND INJURY

Terry tsparks56 at aol.com
Thu Apr 25 13:29:05 CDT 2013

I have some experience with a seized up IT band and what I learned and did that worked for me is this.

1. Get a watch or clock.
2. Sit down so your knee is bent at a 90% angle.
3. Important - check the tightness of your IT band.
4. Take both hands, grab your calf just below your knee, with your thumbs touching, and rotate your calf outward for 60 seconds.
If you experience any pain while doing this, STOP.
5. After 60 seconds, check the tightness of your IT band again while sitting at the same position you started from to see if you have a positive result.

Terry

Sent from my iPhone