[pct-l] Late permit application.

Stephen Clark rowriver at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 16:15:27 CDT 2013

The way I understand permits for San Jacinto Wilderness is that you only
need a State Park permit if you are planning to camp within the State Park
boundaries or do not have a thru permit otherwise your thru permit is
sufficient.
 I have hiked extensively in the San Jacinto Wilderness and 'never' been
asked for a permit.  The San Gorgonio Wilderness is another story however.
I have been stopped by rangers nearly every time I hike in the area but,
again, your thru permit is sufficient as long as you are on the PCT or
hiking to or from town or a water source.
Let it also be noted that in So. California you need a stove permit, and
open fires are not allowed in Cleveland National Forest.
Snake Charmer