[pct-l] wind shirt question

Rod Miller rod at rodmiller.com
Mon Apr 15 19:04:01 CDT 2013

On 4/15/13 2:25 PM, Sean Mullahy wrote:
> Considering getting a new windshirt to save some serious weight, and
> wondering if anyone had tried out the new Mont-bell Tachyon jacket. Comes
> in at an insanely light 1.6oz, which sounds great. If anyone has tried out
> the Tachyon Anorak I'd like to hear about that too. Looks like it's the
> same jacket sans the hood with a full zipper.
>
> Currently I have a Patagonia Wind Shield which is a great midweight wind
> shirt, but also weighs 9.9oz.
>
> I'm sure I'd be sacrificing some weight with the tachyon, but with proper
> layering that might not be an issue.

I have an earlier version of the same jacket. Packs into the
size of a ping pong ball. It stops the wind very well; I needed
a warm layer underneath if the wind was cool.

A good friend has the Anorak and loves it. He uses it for a
rain jacket if the rain is light.

Rod

--

Custom 2-rail O Scale Models: Drives,  |   O Scale West / S West
Repairs, Steam Loco Building, More     |   2014 Meet is Feb 6 - 8