[pct-l] Yogi's handbook says not to use Fedex

goslowgofar goslowgofar at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 15 18:47:59 CDT 2013

Well, I have had the opposite experience with FedEX and UPS.  I found FedEX to be very unreliable.  They basically didn't want to drive so far away from the center to deliver one overnight package to my remote location.   I ended up driving 1.5 hours to the Stockton center to pick up my package.  Same issue with work deliveries.  When there were road construction issues, FedEX told us they weren't going to bother coming here...and UPS managed to maintain their schedule.  UPS has been my carrier of choice for years now.  And what's up with the "union mentality" crack?  You need to review your history, dude.
UPS rocks, IMHO.
Katy

from "mrlosangeles":

"General delivery or hiker delivery issues aside, FedEx is very reliable off
the trail.  UPS, on the other hand, loves to misdeliver.   They don't seem
to care where they leave your package.  I've had UPS frequently deliver my
packages to neighbors, someone a mile down the road, etc. Also -- again, not hiker delivery related -- FedEx delivers fast.  UPS,
with its union mentality, deliberately holds your package until its
designated delivery date, even if it reaches your local distribution center
early. FedEx will just deliver.  And they hustle."