[pct-l] wind shirt question

Sean Mullahy seanjmullahy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 16:25:08 CDT 2013

Considering getting a new windshirt to save some serious weight, and
wondering if anyone had tried out the new Mont-bell Tachyon jacket. Comes
in at an insanely light 1.6oz, which sounds great. If anyone has tried out
the Tachyon Anorak I'd like to hear about that too. Looks like it's the
same jacket sans the hood with a full zipper.

Currently I have a Patagonia Wind Shield which is a great midweight wind
shirt, but also weighs 9.9oz.

I'm sure I'd be sacrificing some weight with the tachyon, but with proper
layering that might not be an issue.