[pct-l] Snoqualmie Summit Inn Trail Register

Robert Henry rrh.henry at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 20:00:28 CDT 2012

Today  (10/21) I took a quick look at the 2012 portion of the PCT
Trail Register maintained at the front desk of the Snoqualmie Summit
Inn (I90, Washington State).

>From 7/20 to the last entry on 10/14 there were 254 separate entries
in the register.  I did not have time to count names; some entries
were for more than one person.  I'd estimate an average of 1.5 people
for each entry, for a rough estimate of 375 hikers.  Of course there
is no way of knowing how many hikers didn't sign the register.  In
addition the register overflowed, and the day clerk had added
additional pages at the end of the register so some folks may not have
had a chance to sign.

There were ~8 unclaimed USPS priority mail boxes behind the counter,
plus a big bag of horse feed to a "Shaubel" that had been there since
Aug 10.

Robert "Collector" Henry
Seattle