[pct-l] Public Announcement

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Oct 21 21:08:01 CDT 2012

Don't forget the big October 27 almost full moon campout at 10,000 feet in the Sierras.  It will be at Horseshoe Meadows out of Lone Pine, CA.  I plan to arrive around 5 PM now.  Just before dark, when the boogie men come out to kidnap hikers into the unknown.  This area is famous for that.  It is also famous for UFO sightings and abductions.  The two might be connected.  The fact Halloween is coming up does not help matters either.  I will be in my green Toyota Prius.

This will be your last chance at deep high altitude Sierra camping before the big winter sets in.  Only the toughest will survive the night.  If I make it, I will do an After Action Report for the PCT-L.

I will be at the Dow Villas Motel Friday and Saturday until I go up into the unknown of the Sierras Saturday evening.  If it gets too dangerous up there, I will retreat to the hot tub at the Dow Villas Saturday night and an excellent dinner at the Merry Go Round restaurant.  I have my reservations already.

Your most obedient trail rascal, rapscallion, and knave,

Switchback the Trail Pirate