[pct-l] To SPOT or not to SPOT [AND] Money along the

Devon Taig devon.taig at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 16:01:47 CDT 2012

I would, however, make sure that spouses and significant others understand
that a SPOT can break, get lost, or run out of batteries.  When your loved
ones don't hear from you via your SPOT transmission, will they still rest
easy?
I am a firm believer that everyone should hike their own hike, but I also
think we should all give serious thought to how technologies like a SPOT
transmitter affect our individual experiences in the wilderness. As you
said Ed, we should give just thought to how our decisions affect others
too, but every hiker should ask themselves whether a SPOT takes at least
some of the WILD out of wilderness.

River