[pct-l] Wife Buy-In and Contracting Biz Prep For Thru Hike

terrifoster at earthlink.net terrifoster at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 5 14:36:16 CDT 2012

Does she like to travel?  Could you interest her in meeting up with you at various points on the trail? There's alot of online info about the towns along the trail, e.g., http://www.emeraldlake.com/pctguide/pctindex.html . If your finances can handle it, she could take mini-vacations and meet you at places like Timberline Lodge. Or if that sounds too expensive, and she's willing to car-camp, there are campgrounds that are on or near the trail.

Does she like to meet people?  You could try doing some trail angel-ing -- would she be willing to spend a day at a PCT trailhead with some lawn chairs and a cooler full of soda? She could meet some thru hikers and find out what nice, interesting people they are. That might also reassure her if she has concerns about your safety, etc.