[pct-l] PCT Hiker Labs

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Fri Oct 5 14:58:52 CDT 2012

The phone ringsat senior hardcore PCT hiker Grizzly’s house and his wife Trail Dust answers,
"Hello."

"Mrs. Grizzly,please."

"Speaking."

"Mrs. Grizzly,this is Doctor Jones at hospital laboratory.   When your husband's doctor sent his biopsy tothe lab last week, a biopsy from another Mr. Grizzly arrived as well.  We are now uncertain which one belongs toyour husband.

Dr. Jonescontinues, “Frankly, either way the results are not too good."
"What doyou mean?" Trail Dust asks nervously.

"Well, oneof the specimens tested positive for Alzheimer's and the other one testedpositive for HIV.  We can't tell which iswhich."

"That'sdreadful!  Can you do the testagain?" questioned Trail Dust.

"Normallywe can, but MEDICARE will only pay for these expensive tests once."

"Well,what am I supposed to do now?" asks Trail Dust.

"TheMEDICARE Helpdesk recommend that you drop your husband off somewhere in themiddle of town.  If he finds hisway home, don't sleep with him.
I thank you.
Your obedient servant and trail rapscallion,
Switchback the Trail Pirate