[pct-l] Nook Simple Touch--feedback, anyone?

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Fri Mar 16 21:38:00 CDT 2012

Ray and I hike for about a month each summer.  Since we are older people
we don't do long hiking days.  Ray sleeps a great deal when we aren't
hiking. I can't sleep as much as he can, so I spend a lot of time
reading while he sleeps.  This means I need to bring a month's supply of
reading material.  So I have been considering getting an e-reader.
I got to play with a Nook Simple Touch for about an hour last week, and
liked it very much.  The salesman tells me the battery life is about 150
hours, which is about right for a trip.
Does anyone have any experience with this device?  Can you give me your
critique?