[pct-l] PCT to Lone Pine

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Tue Mar 6 19:50:32 CST 2012

Just confirm that the road into HM is, indeed, open prior to leaving KM!
When we got there two years ago, there was still 1 to 2 feet of snow in the
parking lot (trailhead) and the road was gated both at the base of the hill
and just below HM, itself.

One long walk to town!

ps. Don't forget that the owners of the DeLaCour Ranch (guest cabins and
great place to resupply) who own the property at the base of the hill are
more than happy to help thru hikers with resupplies, trips to town, provide
a base of operations while repacking packs, etc., so give them a call
760-264-3213 or www.Delacour-ranch.com !

"Just remember, Be Careful out there!"

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education