[pct-l] Thru-hike postponed

Linda Bakkar ljbakkar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 16:03:15 CST 2012

Hello to all my hiking friends from Blue Butterfly.  I turned 65 years old
this year, and I was going to celebrate by a thru-hike of the PCT this
coming summer of 2012.  But I have had to postpone it until next year.  I
had foot surgery 2 weeks ago, and with a fused joint, I need to completely
heal and strengthen my foot before I put that kind of stress on it.  I hope
to complete the last 100 miles of my section-hiking of the PCT in late
summer, but I will not be doing 20-mile days, I am sure.

Anyway, I talked to several of you at Aldha-West and I received so much
support for my dream of thru-hiking the PCT!  I want you to know I really
appreciate all the cheering and good wishes!

I regret I will not be at the Kick-off to see my old friends and new, and
to meet those who will walk their first steps of such a big adventure this
year.  If anyone is in touch with Billy Goat, would you please let him
know?  He and I talked about it last summer when we were in the Jefferson
Wilderness on the PCT, and I think he is expecting me to be there.

God-willing,* *I will be with the 2013 hikers of the PCT!!!  I wish you all
the best!

Blue Butterfly