[pct-l] Tree of shoes-Scissors Crossing

mikey chapman petergrubbfan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 16:20:05 CST 2012

Anybody know the story behind this monument? I went to Julian,came
back and enjoyed the scenery under this tree,next to the cache bridge.
It had a very post-apocalypse type feel.  Someone was talking about
possibly knowing too much,or too little about the trail ahead and its
effect on your hike,I assumed by the name that scissors crossing was a
river crossing!?%$#@  I asked another hiker,how deep it would be?  By
the way,anyone seen the finger puppet youtube video about hitching to
julian(sorry no link,do it yourself),those gals are classic examples
of californias pct gold(very funny).   MOMS PIES is flatout worth the
walk,much less a hitch. Plus, hikers coming back from there usually
bring back there own water and that takes pressure off the cache.   I
think the third gate will be a more popular hangout this year,do to
warner springs being down. Do your part,carry alot of water here,or
not,or maybe...HYOH