[pct-l] maps and bnooks

JoAnn jomike at cot.net
Sun Jan 8 13:23:09 CST 2012

I like the guidebooks, they are pretty accurate and contain useful information not found elsewhere

This section hiker agrees. Nothing, over all, beats the guide books. Yes, mileage may vary, but the land marks and other  pertinent information far makes up for any slight differences. It is so full of information, side trails; off trail guide to water; trails leading away from the PCT for a jump off point if needed due to injury; land marks; maps correspond to narrative, etc. Best of all for me is you need no other source of information, guide book pages alone will supply you with all the information you need to get you up/down the trail.

YMMV

are we there yet