[pct-l] Question on stoves

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 17:38:26 CST 2012

I don't think I saw one person using a white gas stove on my PCT thru in
2010.  There probably were some, but I didn't see any.  Some folks used
canisters, but buying white gas would have been much more difficult than
alcohol which was available almost everywhere as Heat.  I used white gas
stoves for 30 years until making my first cat can stove about 15 years
ago.  I've never used anything but that since, even for cooking for groups
where I simply use more than one.  As stated above, they are easy to build,
reliable and easy to get fuel for.

Shroomer