[pct-l] service animal

shelly skye shelbel26 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 18:47:50 CST 2012

Last I heard, there was no official, certifying agency, specific training
or actual rules that people had to follow in regards to service animals. I
worked for a couple of decades in the disability field and and believe me,
anything is possible. Someone once wanted to bring a "service chicken" into
the classroom... that didn't happen! There are legal rulings but the
findings aren't very clear. Most agencies would give in rather than risk a
lawsuit, for obvious reasons. So I feel it is disrespectful of people to
bend the rules that are meant to provide access to people who wouldn't
otherwise be able to have an experience most of us take for granted because
it isn't hard for us. I don't mean to be a critical of any one individual,
just the actions of a few.

--
Shelly