[pct-l] Fishing Opportunities

mikey chapman petergrubbfan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 10:28:07 CST 2012

Howdy Tim, I wished I had a pole for Silverwood Lake in Socal last
year! I stopped for a break and hung out with some fisherpeople who
were just slamming giant cat fish. Sure,its bottom fishing,but its
great for a nice break. When a giant cat yanks on that line,WHAM,its a
heck of a sensation. Plus,catfish nuggets are really nice when your
hungery. Most people think catfishing is a night thing,but most people
buy there fish from a market,so...... You might be able to rig a hand
line,the regs for most streams and creeks are barbless and
seasonal,very few lakes are(there all in the reg book).  Most people
on this list preach ultralight(for good reason),but if its really
important to you,dont second guess it. Be sure to have that pole for
the Sierra City area. When you crest after Sierra City and look at the
other side of the ridge,you will see lake after lake in the lakes
basin,filled with rainbows,brooks,and mackinaw!(and some secret mini
resupply stores) Fish on and prosper! Oh,enjoy the hike as well.  P.S.
I have a secret honey hole with golden trout,I will send you details
off list if wanted.