[pct-l] The Peek bites the dust

Kim Hastings kim at stikine.org
Fri Feb 3 11:54:06 CST 2012

The Peek as we knew it is no more:
http://techcrunch.com/2012/02/02/the-peek-bites-the-dust/

I was quite satisfied with the Peek on a two-month PCT hike in 2010. I
was also very happy with Pocketmail on a four-month PCT hike in 2006.
This summer, there will be an iPhone buried somewhere in my pack. Time
marches on.

Good thing the rest of our gear doesn't become obsolete so quickly.
For the most part, I only replace "durable goods" when they actually
wear out, which I'm proud to say does happen every few years due to
lots and lots of use. I think the longest-lived item in my pack right
now is the awesome Montbell Super Stretch Down Hugger #2 sleeping bag,
soon to mark its 6th birthday.

And I still love the Wilderness Press guidebooks.

Twodog