[pct-l] Altra Lone Peak trail shoes

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 20:38:38 CST 2012

Not only did Why Not like them, Elinore tried on Why Not's Lone Peaks on
day three or four of her CDT thru hike this year  because she was suffering
terrible blisters and foot pain with the shoes she had started out in.  We
ordered them on trail and she ended up hiking all the way to Canada in
them.  I've got a pair at home and love the way they feel on my local hikes
but ended up hiking in my tried and true Montrail Sabinos because I didn't
want to jeopardize my feet with a product that was new to me, though felt
good, when I had a pair I knew would work.  You've got time to really try
them out before next summer, so give 'em a whirl.   Maybe Nancy or Elinor
are out there and can chime in with a real post hike critique for you.

Shroomer