[pct-l] Off Season Jobs

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 22:47:52 CDT 2012

Met a multi thru hiker that was a Nurse.  He said there were lots of short
term contract jobs in Nursing and the pay was pretty good.

When he was hiking he already had a contract job set up for the Fall.

I think this might be an excellent job for hiker-trash.....

I'm sure there are tons of others

I also met a guy that was a cook at Mecerdo Station in the Antartic - he
would work 6 month contracts.
Met many that work in retail (a lot of outfitter stores)  but the pay
sucks.....

Me, I'm an engineer who busts his butt to make himself so valuable that
they will put up with me taking 6 months off every few years

YMMV.

Day-Late