[pct-l] Off Season Jobs....the solution

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Thu Aug 23 23:08:12 CDT 2012

Matt,....I have the solution for your problem!!!
You can do what Scott Williamson, the most famous of all PCT thru-hikers
does during the off season,... become a tree trimmer.
Or get a Real Estate license....then, as an independent agent, you work
whenever you want to.
Of course, the less you work the less you earn.
But if you are good at what you are doing you can earn enough during the
off season to sustain your hiking addiction.

Another,  perhaps better,  solution would be to find a girl friend, or
wife that earns enough to support the two of you, which would give you
the freedom to pursue your hiking addiction unrestricted.

You see, there is a solution for every problem.

JMT Reinhold
The problem solver
Matt wrote:
During my time on the PCT I have run into numerous repeat thru-hikers.
I am curious if anyone on this list falls into that category and if so
what kind of job(s) do you work in the PCT off season (October-March) to
help fund your thru-hikes?
My thru hiking experience turned out to be extremely addictive and I can
see myself attempting multiple thru-hikes in the future but doing that
in my area of work is the equivalent of committing career suicide so I
am looking for other careers that are more "PCT thru-hike" friendly.