[pct-l] Rae Lakes Loop

Kathi pogo at pctwalker.com
Thu Aug 9 14:10:43 CDT 2012

This is kind of PCT related since part of the trail is on the PCT...

Has anyone had experience hiking in August along the Rae Lakes Loop
trail? Mostly I am concerned about water and the trail tread. Do I have
to carry a lot of water? I see from the topo there is a river or creek
running along a lot of the trail and many lakes but I'm not sure how
easy those are to "actually" get to. Also I have a problem walking over
very "cliffy" area with lots of drop-offs. Any advice from those who've
traveled through this area would be most appreciated.

Thank you!
Kathi "Puddles"