[pct-l] snakes

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 09:34:12 CDT 2012

It was a really long fat snake who simply wouldn't move and people were
pummeling it with dirt clods and sticks and it just looked at us all and
lay in the sun.  The cyclist rode up to the edge of the crowd that had
gathered on both sides of the snake, as there was no way around it on
either side of the trail, and handed me his water bottle.  One squirt of
water and that snake jumped into the air like I'd hit it with acid or
something, and was gone in a flash.  Rocks and sticks had no effect on that
big old snake, but a few drops of water were amazingly effective, and the
best thing is there was no harm to the snake at all.

Shroomer