[pct-l] A stove testimonial

Douglas Tow douglastow at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 15:18:38 CDT 2011

Good afternoon!

My brother and I section-hiked this summer, and we consider our JetBoil
stove a keeper.  One small canister boils at least 12 quarts at sea level,
and one canister outlasted us the week, cooking one evening meal per day and
heating water for beverages morning and night (for two people).  We liked it
because it is self-contained, speedy to assemble and light, and fast getting
a quart of water to boil.  The boiling vessel has a fireproof insulated
cover, so can be held when hot and even when the flame is going.  Suitable
for use in a ventilated tent, too, unlike that recommended for alcohol
set-ups.  Very short cooldown.

For resupply, we have to remember that few PCT stops have replacement
cartridges, and so we will place them in our resupply boxes, shipping
ground-only with the proper disclosure and labeling.

Doug