[pct-l] PCTA rating by CharityNavigator

Sir Mixalot atetuna at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 16:27:07 CST 2011

Unlike some charities, the effects of the PCTA are readily seen.  They are
able to keep two full time trail crews on the PCT for almost the entire
year, pay for the food and tools to pay for many volunteer projects, make
land acquisitions, of course handle our thru hiking permits, all of which
are paid for by grants and donations that the PCTA must go out and get.
 I'm definitely not saying they don't do a lot more, but these are the
first things that come to mind.  If her pay is dictated by the performance
of her organization, then my personal experience with the PCTA says that
she deserves every penny.  I believe Scott Williamson recently said that
it's getting easier to set records on the PCT than in years past due to
greatly improved trail maintenance.  Remember who gets a lot of that trail
maintenance done the next time you step foot on the PCT.