[pct-l] A plan for detouring around the Sierras

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Mon May 23 19:12:29 CDT 2011

Due to a number of factors, I've decided to detour around the Sierras.
~~~~~~~
I concur with the basic flow of this discussion. The NorCal and SoOr
sections will not be free and easy until early July, or a simple
alternative. I live in the Seiad Valley area, and will update with snow info
as I head up into the high country. Right now the snow line is at 4500 on
south slopes, and much less on north slopes; and it is really, really deep
this year! SecO will hold snow until July4. Also Marbles, Russians, Alps!
I myself am bummed out that I can't get up into the high country!  Here is
the SecO snotel at Stout Mdw, near Grizzly Peak that I use.
 http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?s=stm  Click on Snow DP for a
chart, twice for more.