[pct-l] Hiker Trash (Literally)

AsABat asabat at 4jeffrey.net
Fri May 20 15:34:04 CDT 2011

Hey all, there's no trash pickup if there's no trash can! So don't leave your trash in privies as it won't get picked up until who knows when. It just makes extra work and gives the man more reasons to remove privies.

I remember the toilet at Barker Pass half full of bags and bags of trash one September. Some had probably been there all summer. I can't blame that all on PCT hikers as it's also the Tahoe Rim Trail and saw lots of blind and illiterate bikers as well (they couldn't see or read the dozen "no bicycle" signs at the trail head).

AsABat
PCT Water Reports SoCal http://pct.4jeffrey.net
Send water updates to water at 4jeffrey.net

david woods <dkwoods33 at gmail.com> wrote:

I used the rest room at the Sunrise Trailhead north of Laguna an hour or two ago. I do not know if hikers were living in there during the recent bad weather but one way or another there is quite a pile of what is obviously hiker food wrapper trash in the corner of the Men's. In retrospect I wish I had bagged it up and taken it with me but I was not quite awake enough to think of that at the time and it is a bit far to go back now (I am in Julian headed for Scissors Crossing). This kind of stuff obviously does not reflect well on hikers and the hiker community in general. Please take your trash with you and dispose of it properly. End of sermon/lecture/rant...._____________________________________________