[pct-l] Gun on the PCT

jomike at cot.net jomike at cot.net
Sat Mar 19 14:45:29 CDT 2011

I know of two cases when a lion attacked a horse.?In one case, about
25 years ago, the rider was riding after dark and a lion jumped on the back
of?his horse behind the saddle.

There was an incident here in the area of section p or q about 5 yrs. ago where a Backcountry Horseman was out and about on his horse when a cat attacked him from the side. His saddle, in conjunction with his story, hold marks of the attack. He now carries a side arm when riding. I would rather not see a gun on the trail but there are some understandable reasons for horsemen carrying. Though I still cannot fathom a hiker carrying one; just plane ridiculous, as far as I'm concerned.

are we there yet

...going to the mountains is going home.

John Muir