[pct-l] Gun on the PCT

Gerry Zamora gerry0625 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 15:13:40 CDT 2011

I live and hike in So. Calif no bears but we do have Mt. Lions im sure you
saw it on the news some lady was on her bike when a lion jumped on her back
luckly for her people heared her screams and helped her and she lived the
Mt. Lion was hunted and killed.  Luckly she was in a popular area and she
wasn't killed as many have said saftey in numbers but not all of us want to
hike in a group of 30 or 5 for that matter.  And not sure the PCT is as busy
as my local trails.  What are the chances that you will be attacked
mostlikely slim to none does that mean there is no need to prepare?  Well
that is something we all need to decide for our selves.  I would never try
and tell anyone what to bring or not to bring as it is not my place. To each
their own.  Be safe enjoy and respect nature.
IMHO
GERRY0625