[pct-l] one person tent

dnielsen at djmurphycompany.com dnielsen at djmurphycompany.com
Wed Mar 16 19:58:47 CDT 2011

Jim - I also have the Contrail and I may try what you are talking about,
however I have not had too many problems with the bathtub floor, if I get
the geometry of the set up just right.  I have also found that it is nice to
have your trekking pole, wood walking stick in my case, at an angle when you
get in for the night because if you get lots of rain just pushing the pole
more vertical will quickly tighten up the tent. I can usually do that
without unzipping the mesh or getting out of my bag.  The quality and
workmanship on the Contrail is great and it has served me well in single
nights of rain and pretty high wind.  The main problem that I have with it
is in a multiple day rain situation mine started raining inside the tent and
not from body condensation as I had just gotten inside. I think it just
"wetted out". As Dianne said, when the single wall material is wet it is
hard to get dressed without touching it.  I will say this, it has lots of
width and length and the weight is great.

And one other thing. I did not realize that there is a fold down storm flap
at the foot of the tent, that helps keep the rain out if you are smart
enough to put it down, which I have not been until recently.