[pct-l] one person tent

Jim Bravo jimbravo2 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 17:31:43 CDT 2011

I have a couple of favorite one-person tents, one being the Contrail.
I addressed the potential for a wind-driven rain getting into the
bathtub floor at the sides, as Diane talked about. It is easy and
lightweight. I sewed a small elastic loop at the top seam of the
bathtub floor about 2/3 of the way toward the front of the tent (on
each side). Then I take a length of Triptease cord and tie it to the
loop on one side. The cord then travels up the the peak of the tent
where the trekking pole is, you loop it there, then bring it back down
and tie it off to the elastic loop on the opposite side with a
taut-line hitch. I can know sit inside and easily adjust the height of
the bathtub floor on each side. The netting along the sides is forced
to form a nice big drip loop outside the footprint of the tent, even
in winds. the bathtub can go very high if needed. Easily as high as
the floor on my Big Agnes Copper Spur 1 (my other favorite one-person
tent), which has a very high/dry floor system.

I hope those of you interested in this method can visualize it...if
not, contact me offline and I'll try to do better.

Zinger